PPC Stats 2018
- Google AdWords results receive 65% of the clicks that started with buying keywords, while organic results only receive 35 percent (Craig McConnel)
- Businesses make an average of $2 in income for every $1 they spend in AdWords. (Google)
- On average, 41% of clicks go to the top 3 paid ads on the search results page. (Wordstream)
- For high commercial intent searches (someone looking to buy a product) paid ads get 65% of all clicks. (Wordstream)
- The average click-through rate for an ad in the first position is 7.94%. An average click-through rate is 2%. (AccuraCast)
- PPC visitors are 50% more likely to purchase something than organic visitors. (Unbounce)
- 65% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through LinkedIn paid ads. (HubSpot
- Search ads can increase brand awareness by 80%. (Google)
- 75% of people who find local, helpful information in search results are more likely to visit the physical stores. (Google)
- Terra Organics attributes 25% of their new customers to their targeted search campaigns. (Google)
- Display advertising has proven to increase traffic to websites by 300%. (Visually)
- There are at least 300,000 mobile apps currently serving Google Mobile Ads. (Creative Roots Marketing)
- 43% of new customers buy something they saw in a YouTube ad. (Contently)
- AdWords competitive rate of 87% allows your advertisement to fairly promote your products or services making you a competitor to those in similar industries. (Optimus 01)
- The Legal industry has the highest average Cost Per Actions: $135.17 (Search Engine Land)
- The average person is served over 1,700 banner ads per month, but only half of them are ever viewed.
- The proportion of desktop and laptop users who use blockers is more than twice as large as the proportion of smartphone users who use blockers. (Business Insider, 2017)
- Ad blocking in the US has increased from 15%-30% since 2014. (Statitsa, 2018)
- 30% of marketers think outbound marketing tactics are overrated. (HubSpot, 2018)
- 70% of millennials like it when they can click on a product from an ad. (Google, 2018)
Search Ad Statistics
- There are 160+ billion monthly Google searches.
- In 2018, consumers who click on an advertiser’s Google search ad prior to visiting a store are 27% more likely to buy something in-store. (Google)
- Consumers who clicked on an advertiser’s Google search ad prior to visiting a store spend over 10% more, on average. (Google)
- 51% of searches are longer than 4 words. (Wordstream)
- Appx. 70% of all online searches are Google searches.
- Appx. 1,200 words count average for top content. (Niel Patel)
- 90% of online users trust reviews. (Google)
- 75% of marketers say SEO is content creation.
- 95.3% of clicks go to the top 4 results.
- 40% of store purchases start online.
- WordPress Blogs get 93% more links of HTML, CSS or Platforms like Godaddy & Square Space.
- 66% of buyer-intent keywords are paid clicks. (Clever Clicks, 2018)
Mobile Advertising Statistics
- Marketers and advertisers are putting 51% of their budget into mobile ads. (Impact, 2017)
- Both desktop and mobile ads deliver branding effectiveness, but mobile ads perform better. (Com Score, 2016)
- Google drives 95% of all paid search ad clicks on mobile. (Business Insider, 2016)
- Two-thirds of consumers can recall a specific brand they have seen advertised on mobile in the last week. (Business Wire, 2018)
- 60% of consumers click on mobile ads at least weekly. (Business Wire, 2018)
- By 2019, mobile advertising is expected to represent 72% of all U.S. digital ad spending. (MarketingLand, 2018)
- 87% of Facebook’s advertising revenue comes from mobile (AdWeek)
Statistics Source Blue Corona
What Kickdown Does
Google Ad Management